About the Book Edit
Fans of Star Wars and Divergent will revel in internationally bestselling author Veronica Roth’s stunning new science-fiction fantasy series.
On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?
Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.
Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. They must decide to help each other to survive—or to destroy one another. 
- There are a few easter eggs in the book that refer to Veronica Roth's Divergent Series.
- This would be Veronica Roth's second book that is told from two POVs after Allegiant.
- The working title for the book was originally "Soldier"
- Fans that pre-ordered Carve The Mark will be sent a hard copy of "We Can Be Mended" which is a short story written by Veronica Roth which takes place 5 years after the events of Allegiant.
- Like Roth's titles Insurgent & Allegiant, Carve the Mark debuted at #1 on the New York Times Bestsellers list within it's first week of release.